New Location, New Speakers & Our Biggest Event to Date…
WHEN’s it being held?
Saturday 20 September 2014 – 9.15am – 5pm.
The Arts Theatre at the New Continental in Preston. South Meadow Lane, Preston, Lancashire PR1 8JP. Location Map –> http://www.newcontinental.net/find-us
WHO’s booked to speak?
- Best-selling fantasy writer Joseph Delaney will be sharing the secret of his success and the experience of having one of his 13 novels brought to the big screen by Hollywood.
- 400,000 downloads and counting! Best-selling thriller writer Conrad Jones will be sharing his self-publishing marketing tips.
- Micro-fiction, music & entertainment from Les Malhearuex (a.k.a. the legendary David Gaffney and Sarah-Clare Conlon).
- Unthank Books founder Robin Jones will talk about the trials and tribulations of running an independent publishing house.
- Fresh from his latest adventures around Africa, travel writer Alan Whelan will be telling us about life on a motorbike with just tea, football, and a pen for company.
- Other writers to be announced…
WHY should I come along?
The Word festival really is the must-go-to event for Lancashire writers. Guest speakers will be sharing their stories and their experience on the writing process as well as achieving literary success. So, whether you’re a student, hobby-writer or a seasoned pro – the event really is unmissable. And tickets are expected to sell out fast. As well as an exciting programme of speakers, there will also be opportunities to buy books, a book swap and plenty of time for networking. Refreshments and lunch are included.
A hot lunch (vegetarian option will be available) plus tea/coffee during the breaks are included in the ticket price.
Sounds great, HOW DO I GET A TICKET?
Tickets are available from EventBrite –> http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-word-festival-2014-tickets-12441702467?aff=eac2
Be sure to book early as places will be strictly limited and previous events have sold out quickly.
Tickets cost just £20 and include hot lunch, refreshments and access to all the seminars throughout the day. Bargain!